The Success Principles teaches how to increase confidence, tackle daily challenges, live with passion and purpose, and realize all ambitions. Not merely a collection of good ideas, this book spells out the 67 timeless principles used by successful men and women throughout history. If taken together and practiced every day, these principles can transform life beyond the wildest dreams!
It is filled with memorable and inspiring stories of CEOs, world-class athletes, celebrities, and everyday people. It will give the proven blueprint needed to achieve any goal you desire.
Here are my takeaway points from the book. This thread is updated from time to time.
Updated: 3 Jan 2021
- You have to give up all your excuses.
- You have to give up blaming and complaining.
- Pay attention to small details. Results will not lie.
- If you don't like your outcomes, change your responses.
- Everything you experience today is the result of choices you have made in the past.
- You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.
Updated: 15 Jan 2021
- What were you put on this earth to do?
- What is the "why" behind everything you do?
- Your inner guidance system is your joy.
- Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it.
Updated: 21 Jan 2021
- Early childhood "programming" often gets in the way of what you want.
- Don't live someone else's dreams.
- Stop settling for less than you want.
- Make an "I want" list.
- Make a "20 things I love to do" list.
- Clarify your vision of your ideal life.
- Build your inner global positioning system.
- High achievers have bigger visions.
- Don't let anyone talk you out of your vision.
- Share your vision for maximum impact.
Updated: 27 Jan 2021
- You get what you expect.
- The mind can achieve whatever it can conceive and believe.
- Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.
- Believe even when you don't know how the requirements will be met.
- The number one problem that keeps people from winning is a lack of belief in themselves.
- You can be anything you want to be if only you believe with sufficient conviction and act following your faith.
Updated: 1 Feb 2021
- Believing in yourself is an attitude.
- The choice of what to believe is up to you.
- Give up "I can't."
- Don't waste years believing you can't.
- It's never too late.
- You're never too young to start.
- What others think about you is none of your business.
Updated: 10 Feb 2021
- We become what we think about all day long.
- Ask for what you want, not for what you don't want.
- Believe that you'll get what you want, then take action.
- The law of attraction relies on the fact that everything is in a constant state of vibration.
- You attract everything in your life that you radiate outward in thoughts, feelings, mental pictures, and words.
- The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
Updated: 15 Feb 2021
- Write the goal in detail.
- Reread your goal daily.
- Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
- Set a big enough goal that you become someone worth becoming in the process of achieving it.
- If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.
- If you are bored with life, if you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, then you don't have enough goals.
Updated: 25 Feb 2021
- Use Mind mapping.
- Plan your day the night before.
- Make a daily to-do list and do first things first.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small, manageable tasks and then starting on the first one.
Updated: 1 Apr 2021
- Seek out clues.
- Take advantage of all the available resources.
- Connect the dots, which will require hard work, and frankly, most people don't want to work that hard.
Updated: 9 Apr 2021
- Change your self-talk with affirmations.
- Everything you want is outside your comfort zone.
- Don't wait 30 years to use the affirmation strategy.
- The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.
Updated: 15 Apr 2021
- Use Vision Boards.
- Fuel your imagination with emotions.
- Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life coming attractions.
- Create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture as if it were already true.
Updated: 21 Apr 2021
- Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.
- To fly as fast as thought, to be anywhere there is, you must first begin by knowing that you have already arrived.
Updated: 25 Apr 2021
- Nothing happens until you take action.
- Successful people have a bias for action.
- Imagination means nothing without doing.
- Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
- Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
- Fail forward because no one has ever become excellent or good except through many and great mistakes.
- You can never learn less. You can only learn more. The reason that you know so much is that you have made so many mistakes.
Updated: 4 May 2021
- Keep leaning and the path will appear.
- Most of the life is on the job training.
- A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.
Updated: 10 May 2021
- Take a leap.
- Scale down the risk.
- You have to be willing to feel the fear.
- Have a high intention and low attachment.
- Fantasized Experiences Appearing Real (FEAR)
- Authority is 20% given and 80% taken, so take it.
- Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?
- Progress always involves risk, you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.
Updated: 15 May 2021
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Willing to do whatever it takes.
- Find out the price you have to pay.
- Practice speecific things consistently.
- Pain is only temporary, the benefits lasts forever.
- It's not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
- The big secret in life is that there is no secret, whatever is your goal, you can get there if you are willing to work.
Updated: 25 May 2021
- You've got to ask.
- Start asking today.
- Be clear and more specific.
- Ask as if you expect to get it.
- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by asking.
- Asking is the world's most powerful and neglected secret to success and happiness.
Updated: 31 May 2021
- Rejection is a myth.
- Just say next instead of no.
- SWSWSWSW - Some will, Some won't, So what, Someone's waiting.
- Success consists of going from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in the ear to wake you up and get going, rather than retreat.